| Jon Stewart | "Bloop"
Okay, this isn't technically a transcript, but I didn't quite
know where else to put this. For those of you who missed the Pop
Up Video version of Millionaire, here are some of the highlights.
Jon played for the Alzheimer's Association and ended up winning
$125,000. (Notes, explanation, and observations are in parenthesis.)
• BLOOP - Jon was the best player during
• BLOOP - They're the weirdest bunch
we've ever had on the show. -- Regis (Regis comments on this round
of celebrity Millionaire.)
• BLOOP - "Obsessed" with Regis
(Pops up next to a brief shot of Jon.)
• BLOOP - Daily Show ratings have gone
up 400% since Jon became host in 1999.
• Quote - "The girl now doesn't leave,
ever." (In response to Regis' question, "How has [marriage] changed
• BLOOP - Millionaire's female staff
members ranked Jon the cutest celebrity on the show.
• BLOOP - Jon's wife Tracey was in the
audience -- but didn't want to appear on TV.
• BLOOP - Jon's first job: stock boy
• BLOOP - Rap fan (Pops up next to shot
• BLOOP - Drew [Carey] later thought
his own questions were much harder. (Pops up after a question
posed to Jon about Spinal Tap.)
• BLOOP - Jon hung out backstage with
Alec, Drew, Norm and Charlie. (That would be Alec Baldwin, Drew
Carey, Norm MacDonald, and Charlie Sheen.)
• BLOOP - Jon was hoping to be done the
first day -- his lifelines were leaving town. (Jon played second
after Alec Baldwin, but the show ended before his turn was up.
He screamed, "NO! I have to go to work!")
• BLOOP - DJ is a writer on The Daily
Show with Jon Stewart. (DJ was Jon's lifeline. When Regis asked
Jon which friend he would call, Jon responded, "I only have one.")
• Quote - Regis: "The Alzheimer's Association
would win a quarter million dollars if you get this, and if you
don't, they're back down to $32,000." Jon: "Yeah, but they'd forget
about it eventually." (Jon got boos with some laughs mixed in,
but the audience forgave him because his grandmother had died
from Alzheimer's, which he pointed out apologetically.)